DeFi is disrupting traditional finance – rent-extracting intermediaries are being replaced by trustless decentralised protocols.
- The open-source nature of DeFi = “round the clock” innovation, try fast/fail fast.
- 24/7/365 trading in crypto markets = no circuit breakers, survival of the fittest.
DeFi is nascent, but extremely complex. It is a unique market with its own fundamentals and new risk considerations. DeFi is far from being finalised and cemented. We aim to beat the market by applying our knowledge and experience.
Discretionary investment management with all trading actions made by our portfolio manager, and reviewed by the investment committee.
Portfolio management decisions will be based on a mixture of fundamental and technical analysis, as well as determining allocations based on intra-sector growth opportunities.
- Long – the portfolio will be heavy on long positions.
- Neutral – the portfolio might be fully or partially rotated to cash and cash equivalents when corrections or dips are anticipated.
- Short – occasional shorts via inverse assets are possible, but won’t be sought proactively.
- Yield Farming – the portfolio will seek to rotate into yield-bearing assets when possible and economically expedient.
- Liquidity Mining – will be sought when possible, although the availability might be limited due to technical constraints.
- Leverage – might be pursued later, but not currently available due to technical constraints.